Vous êtes ici
Calculating the Numbers
Tantric Numerology calculates five numbers from your birth date that illuminate your relationship with self, others, and destiny.
The SOUL number is the core of your identity. It indicates your own internal relationship with yourself—with the infinite, unlimited part of yourself. It is the key to tapping into your creativity and depth.
The KARMA number, also known as the MASTERY number, indicates the nature of your relationships with other people. This number describes the thing you must break through in order to be successful in your relationships with others. It is your “test” in life.
The GIFT number describes your God-given talent. You don’t have to work for it; it’s already here and yours. You simply need to accept it.
The DESTINY number, also known as the KNOWLEDGE number, indicates the main trait that you have worked on for many lifetimes, that you mastered through personal sacrifice and effort. You may not see this mastery in yourself, but in actuality, it shows in everything you do. The destiny number is also a description of how other people see you.
The PATH number is the key to living a fulfilled life by understanding who you are and why you are here on this planet at this time. In order for you to feel fulfilled and successful, your path is the single trait that you must manifest in your day-to-day life. Otherwise you will always feel that “something is missing” from your life. Live your path and all else will work out naturally.
To calculate your numbers, use the birth date: mm/dd/yyyy. Keep summing the numbers until they are reduced to between 1 and 11. These numbers are equivalent to the Ten Bodies plus the number eleven, the embodiment of all.
- Soul Number: Sum of day numbers (d+d).
- Karma Number: Sum of month numbers (m+m).
- Gift Number: Sum of the decade (last two digits of the year) (y+y). For example, the gift number for a birth year of 1975 is 7 + 5 = 12; 1 + 2 = 3.
- Destiny Number: Sum of all four digits of the year (y+y+y+y).
- Path Number: Sum of all the numbers in your birth date (m+m+d+d+y+y+y+y).
An online calculator is available for a personal, free numerology reading.
Working with the Ten Bodies
Tantric Numerology is simply a useful tool for understanding one's strengths and weaknesses and for working on the weaknesses and utilizing the strengths more effectively. Kundalini Yoga, with its systemized kriyas, works to balance and activate the Ten Bodies. A regular practice of Kundalini Yoga is a comprehensive way to work on all ten bodies at once.
If you are aware of a weakness or imbalance in one particular body, you can focus on strengthening and balancing that body using the tools of Kundalini Yoga and choosing a meditation that focuses on that body and/or chanting mantras associated with that body. See Suggested Personal Sadhanas.
You may also be interested in:
- My Heart Number
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: Numerology
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: On Astrology and Numerology
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Radiant Body
- Yogi Bhajan Quotes on Tantric Numerology & the Ten Bodies
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Mental Bodies
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: Ten Bodies
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Pranic Body